Aveda makes a lot of claims about how all natural their products are asserting on their website that their main mission is to help save the planet with their sustainable personal care products. Now a days this is almost entirely a marketing ploy and then when we go to read the ingredient list we realize we are still being sold a plastic bottle of chemicals.
The company does have some really impressive standards for their ingredients and manufacturing process and have a good philanthropic track record:
- 90% of the tonnage of essential oils we purchase for use in manufacturing our products is certified organic or biodynamic
- 89% of our raw herbal materials are also certified organic
- Complete traceability of certified organic ingredients, from the raw source to our finished products
- Shampoo bottles made with a minimum of 80% post-consumer recycled content, are made from recycled milk bottles, and can be recycled after use
- 100% of the electrical usage at Aveda’s corporate office, distribution centre and primary manufacturing facility in Blaine, Minnesota, is now offset by its wind energy purchase
- 18 million US dollars have been raised for environmental and social causes to date through Aveda’s Earth Month campaigns
- No animal testing
About Aveda Tourmaline Charged Exfoliating Cleanser
This is not your average, run of the mill face wash, this cleanser works as an exfoliator with impressive anti-aging properties. The exfoliating compounds in the formula remove dirt and dry dead skin. After removing bacteria and dirt it boosts collagen production for more youthful looking skin.
What Customers Are Saying AboutAveda Tourmaline Charged Exfoliating Cleanser
“I have always used scrubs on my face to remove the dead skin. When I went to get a facial by an esthetician, she told me the scrub I was using was too rough and was putting tiny scratches in my skin. I found this one a few years ago, and love that it not only has a clean scent, but it is a very gentle scrub that will not harm my skin.”
“I use this cleanser almost daily and when used with the tourmaline moisturizer it has made a world of difference with my skin. It has really helped tone down the natural redness of my skin and it is gentle enough to use daily, even in dry Colorado.”
“I love this cleanser. It renews my skin, which is becoming drier as I age. I use it daily in the shower and then use a moisturizing cleanser in the evening. My skin feels great.”
“This product is so addictive. It smells great, I use it after using the skin refiner and masque to clean my face thoroughly. This three step routine really brightens the face instantly and keeps you feeling thoroughly clean and refreshed. Another wonderful skin product by Aveda!”
Customers are thrilled about this product and many of them have trusted Aveda as their skin care line for decades now. They love using it as part of their daily routine and think it smells great too. The scrub is gentle and doesn’t damage skin like some harsher exfoliants with large plastic microbeads that harm your skin and the environment.
Is It All Natural?
It is pretty close, some of the products on the extended list like Cetyl Alcohol, I am not thrilled about, there is nothing toxic about this ingredient it just may dry out skin over time and cause you to have to moisturize more. Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride is also kind of a red flag in the ingredient list, it is essentially an ammonium chemical compound. This product works, people love it, a lot of Aveda ingredients are really quality organic and raw… others are effective but fat from all-natural.